From One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp
When I give thanks for the seemingly microscopic, I make place for God to grow within me… What will a life magnify? The world’s stress cracks, the grubbiness of a day, all that is wholly wrong and terribly busted? Or God?… God is not in need of magnifying by us so small, but the reverse. It’s our lives that are little and we have falsely inflated self, and in thanks we declare and the world turns right… He stirs me.
Do not disdain the small. The whole of life-- even the hard-- is made up of minute parts, and if I miss the infinitesimal, I miss the whole.
78. Tiny Flowers
89. Coconut lotion
93. Shaggy bedroom carpet
94. Sunrise through the window
104. Magnolias
111. Parrot feathers
93. Shaggy bedroom carpet
94. Sunrise through the window
104. Magnolias
111. Parrot feathers
Aww, love this Rebecca! So gad you are loving the book!
ReplyDelete