Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Chillin

So I've just been hanging out at home, recuperating, the last week and a half. In this time, I have enjoyed simple things. Things like making strange new things to eat. One thing I made is called "oat cakes." It's like a biscuit or a pancake, but with less calories. I just took a handful of oats, a little flower, a little warm water, and a sprinkle of salt. I mixed it with my hands and added oats or water until it had a good texture... moist, but not sticking to my hands too much. I buttered a skillet and turned it to medium heat. I cooked my little ball o dough until it was a little brown on both sides. Then I ate it with some strawberry jelly on it. But, it might be delicious with some honey as well! It was quite tasty and healthy indeed. I'll try to add a picture or something later.

The last week and a half I have been processing life over plates oat cakes and cups of coffee. I've been thinking about what happened the last five months, and what I'll do next, and spending time with God and with my family. It's been a nice week and a half.

What are some fun foods you've made in your free time?

No comments:

Post a Comment