Saturday, October 16, 2010

Some thoughts tonight...

"Rend your hearts and not your garments... for He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger, and abounding in love."

"Oh that you would rend the heavens."

"No more tears, no more pain; we will see you face to face."

"Ah! happy day they whose hearts can break
And peace of pardon win!"

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

"In this world you will have many trouble, but take heart! for I have overcome the world."

"Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God:
But only he who sees, takes off his shoes,
The rest sit round it, and pluck blackberries"



Hmmm, nothing new has happened. There has been a lot of death lately in my non-immediate circle, and so all these words have been in my head a lot. In all honesty, I don't know what to do with them, I just can't stop thinking about them. How does one keep from plucking blackberries?




No comments:

Post a Comment